Thursday, August 30, 2012

MCAS Data Investigation Activity Ideas

Last week I posted information about an activity focused on the exploration of classroom growth data through the paper-and-pencil creation of a scatter plot of growth and scaled score for a given instructional group. One colleague asked me, "I wonder if people will be able to see how cool the activity is just by reading about it...or maybe it's only people like us who get excited by scatterplots??"

So, I'm posting this follow-up because I bet there are folks out there who missed the post last week, but I know you'll agree that the activity is worth investigating! Hope you'll check it out once you come up for air during this busy time of year. I also wanted to link back to some previous years' blog posts with additional MCAS data investigation activities...some ideas for digging in to the data during fall staff meetings or PLC's!

Happy first days of school!